Why are PGWPs needs so much attention? Most Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants for Express Entry need to get work experience while on a PGWP.
- Honesty & Transparency- When requesting your post-graduation work permit (PGWP), make sure to be truthful and to identify any instances of unapproved employment or study. You could lose your PGWP or be denied entry to Canada for five years due to deception if you fail to properly disclose any unapproved work or study. Before submitting your PGWP application, make sure to talk to us about the specifics of your study program and your employment times.
- Addressing all the gaps- Applications for PGWP do not adequately address interruptions to studies or anything else that might be construed as a failure to adhere to the conditions of the study permit during the study period. Everything from taking a leave of absence or enrolling in a part-time semester to changing schools or programs, failing a course, or needing more time than anticipated to finish your program should be fully disclosed in your PGWP application. We frequently observe candidates deny PGWPs because they don’t submit extra evidence to explain these circumstances and instead depend solely on the scant information in the letter of completion and transcript. Since you can only apply for a PGWP up to 180 days after the end of your course, it might be too late to reapply by the time you hear that your application was denied. Consequently, it’s crucial to do everything correctly the first time!
- Error while filling in the details:
- A section on proposed work inside Canada is included in the IMM5710. When choosing PGWP, the instructions state that questions 2 through 8 should be left blank.
- The 10-year employment error is the second-most prevalent one. If applicable, list any additional employment on a separate piece of paper.
- The transcript is the third most typical error. Make sure you have a color transcript that reflects the completion of your degree.
Why are PGWPs needs so much attention?
Most Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants for Express Entry need to get work experience while on a PGWP. Obtaining the necessary experience to qualify under CEC may be your only route to immigration to Canada if you don’t have enough points to be in with a chance of getting an Invitation to Apply any time soon. And the only way to achieve this is to enroll in a costly and time-consuming qualifying higher education program in Canada before you are qualified to apply for an open work visa under the PGWP scheme.
You must make sure you apply accurately for the PGWP because it has a strict deadline and is a one-time opportunity, and you don’t want to lose out on the chance to obtain useful work experience in Canada. Unfortunately, candidates whose PGWP applications are denied or who miss the deadline sometimes have no other chance to acquire Canadian work experience necessary to meet the CEC requirements under Express Entry. Their one chance to immigrate to Canada may be lost as a result.
Although the PGWP application appears simple, it is one of the most significant IRCC applications you will ever submit, thus it is essential to take extra precautions just to be cautious. Book a meeting to discuss your circumstances and how we may help if you have any worries or inquiries about your PGWP application.